Two great local businesses I want to tell you about right now. One…just got back from lunch at Moshe’s Golden Falafel. Have you been there? It’s at 3910 McCullough between the traffic circle and Hildebrand. Mediterranean food speaks to my soul and there is nothing […]
Are you ready for a bigger yard? A yard for your kids to play hide and seek, run from swing set to tree house to trampoline? Maybe even raise a few chickens? This home, inside Loop 410 in the heart of Castle Hills is a slice of country living in the heart of San Antonio.
It is a home designed around family.
This home is set back on an estate size lot, with a high-reaching wall of Mountain Laurels separating the house from the quiet street. Driving by, you only see the trees unless you’re really looking for the house. The backyard is on a gently rolling hill with room for gardens, chickens, a swing set, even a pool.
As you walk inside the front door, the large remodeled kitchen with oversized island invites you in for a family meal, time for homework, or just catching up on the days activities. The home is one story, but, above the attached three car garage, is over 900 square feet of finished, air conditioned space just waiting for your imagination. A kids’ game room? A place for your at home business? A family movie theater? You have so many options.
If you or any family you know is looking for this little slice of country living inside Loop 410, please message me at 210-710-3884.
- 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
- .67 acres
- Updated kitchen and master bath
- New Metal Roof (2017)
- Solar Panels (2015)
- Inside Loop 410
- Inside Castle Hills
- Over 40 trees ( including MANY Mountain Laurels) separate the quiet street from the home
- One story with additional space above the attached 3-car garage
Olmos Perk is celebrating its ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY this Saturday. Everything on the menu this Saturday will be 1/2 off from 8a-4pm. I’m embarrassed to say, this morning was the first time I’d been in many months and I have been missing out. It’s amazing. The […]
This Castle Hills, Texas beauty is going on the market in less than a week. If you or anyone you know has been looking for a one level, mid-century modern that has been gloriously maintained since the 1960’s you need not look further. This home […]
The panic has set in. Summer vacation is here. My goal this summer is to minimize Fortnite and those weird zombie eyes my kids get when they’ve been gaming and YouTubing all day.
We need evening activities for the whole family (and for date nights). These activities can’t break the bank. Because summer can get pretty expensive. I have a few ideas…
The Pearl has something going on ALL THE TIME
Sound Cream on Wednesday nights, First Thursday Night Market and multiple events going on to celebrate San Antonio’s Tricentennial. Visiting The Pearl doesn’t have to be an expensive night out.
Did you know every Tuesday is Downtown Tuesday? Free parking downtown. Lots of great events coordinate with this.
(Slab Cinema is awesome, ya’ll.)
If you have not gone to see San Antonio/The Saga you can see it on a Tuesday night. Park for free, grab a spot in front of San Fernando Cathedral, and watch this unique experience unfold.
The grounds at the McNay are perfect for any evening. There is so much to explore. Some of their evening activities include Second Thursdays. They also are showing evening movies, hosting Glow Yoga, and other events.
San Pedro Driving Range and Par 3 This is one of my favorite new things to do. The place is recently renovated and completely updated. The whole family can hit a buckets of golf balls and then sit inside or outside at the bar and grill to watch the sunset over the driving range. This place is such a gem. Affordable golf, great food and drink and live music! Check them out.
What are some of your favorite summer activities in the San Antonio area?
This is my first Mothers’ Day without my mom. While she always told me I could spend Mothers’ Day any way I wanted, I liked going to brunch with her. She loved spending the morning at a restaurant with flowers, wait staff in tuxedos, and desserts as far as the eye could see. Having all of us with her, all dressed up…she loved that.
This year I want to start new traditions. I want to stay in the San Antonio area but try things we’ve never done as a family.
1. Maybe a ropes course and zip lining with my husband and kids so that Mothers’ Day will include an activity they will remember. We’ve all zip lined before, but at different times and locations. For Mothers’ Day, we can go to Natural Bridge Caverns and spend the morning challenging our fears TOGETHER.
2. I was out of town for the opening of San Pedro Culture Park. It looks incredible and I can’t wait to check it out. Being down town in the city I love with the people I love on Mothers’ Day sounds like perfection.
3. I’d like to head out to Confluence Park for a 10 a.m. yoga class. Alone. Then have the family meet me for a picnic and bike ride around the missions. Right there are three of my favorite things in San Antonio; Mobile Om, downtown parks, and user friendly bike rentals.
4. It would be really great to just watch Netflix or Amazon Prime Video uninterrupted on Sunday. Just let the day go on without me, while I catch up on Jane the Virgin, New Girl, Hello Ladies, or The Newsroom. I’m a sucker for quirky writing and humor.
What are your plans? Any “non-brunch” ideas you’d like to share?
Regardless of how you spend your Mothers’ Day, take time to love on your friends and family. Make some memories!
Tomorrow is May 1st. MAY 1ST!!! Can you believe? While I love that this month brings so many celebrations (Mothers’ Day, Teacher Appreciation, Graduations), sometimes the thought of gifts to commemorate these days can get overwhelming. This year I’m getting organized and here are […]